Our ICE 59 motors are primarily used in the evaporator of commercial refrigeration walk-in coolers and freezers, but can be used in many applications demanding high efficiency and dependability with output ratings up to 74.6 watts.
Combining over 20 years of GE ECM by Regal Beloit experience with Morrill Motors commitment to value, quality, and service we are now offering the commercial refrigeration industry’s first smart 74.6 watt electronically commutated motor available. Our ICE 59 significantly outperforms both shaded pole and PSC technology and offers features like variable speed and digital serial interface via our proprietary AirKom protocol. With efficiencies three times higher than shaded pole motors and 40% higher than PSC, in addition to the reliable design, the ICE 59 provides users the most reliable and best energy savings solution for their applications.
- Voltage: 115 (90-132) or 208-230 (180-264) V Single Phase
- Output: Peak output 74.6 watts – 1/10 HP (rated at 1550 RPM)
- Efficiency: ~68% peak
- Speed Range: 500 – 1800 RPM
- Speeds: 1 or 2 (speed regulated +/- 6%)
- Rotation: CW, CCW, or CW/CCW for discrete speeds. CW or CCW for PWM and commanded for DSI (determined from the lead end of the motor)
- Programmable: For a fully equipped ICE 59, the ECM Toolbox can be used to change the operating type between discrete, PWM, and DSI (communicating). For discrete operation, the number of speeds, RPM, and Rotation can be programmed. For PWM operation, the turn on and turn off speeds and direction of rotation can be programmed. Additionally, the ECM Toolbox can be used to generate the PWM signal for use in laboratory testing. The ECM Toolbox provides utilities necessary to help the user generate DSI communication strings for DSI operation.
- Type: 3.3” electronically commutated
- Shaft: Single and Double shaft. 5/16” single shaft with single flat is standard. 8mm and double flat shafts available
- Enclosure: Totally enclosed – air over required
- Bearing: Ball bearing with low temperature grease
- Mounting: Standard 0.5” - #10-32 studs on shaft end (2.8” bolt circle) Optional 0.5” - #10-32 studs on the opposite shaft end (2.8” bolt circle
- Operating Position: All angle
- Control: Integrated to the motor, or remotely mounted
- Leads: Many customized lead options are available.
- torage Temps: -40 to 80° C ambient
- Operating Temps: -40 to 55° C ambient
- Design Life: 10 years, 83,720 hours on time (for typical evaporator fan applications)