Our ICE 142 motors are primarily used in the evaporator of commercial refrigeration walk-in coolers and freezers as well as outdoor condensers, but can be used in many applications demanding high efficiency and dependability with output ratings between 1/5 – 3/4 HP including parallel rack fan motors.
Combining over 20 years of GE ECM by Regal Beloit experience with Morrill Motors commitment to value, quality, and service we are now offering the commercial refrigeration industry’s first smart electronically commutated motor available. Our ICE 142 significantly outperforms PSC technology and offers features like variable speed and digital serial interface operation. With efficiencies 30% higher than PSC, in addition to the reliable design, the ICE 142 provides users the most reliable and best energy savings solution for their applications.
- Voltage: 115 (90-132)* or 208-230 (180-264) V Single Phase
- Output: 1/5, 1/3, ½, and ¾ HP
- Efficiency: ~77% peak
- Speed Range: 600 – 1200, or 600 – 1800** RPM
- Speeds: Variable (speed regulated +/- 6%)
- Rotation: CW or CCW for PWM and commanded for DSI (determined from the lead end of the motor)
- Programmable: The speeds range, Rotation, and operating type come configured from our factory. For PWM operating tye, our ECM Toolbox can be used to generate the PWM signal for use in laboratory testing. The ECM Toolbox provides utilities necessary to help the user generate DSI communication strings for DSI operation.
- Type: NEMA 48 frame electronically commutated
- Shaft: ½” diameter, single, or double flat shafts
- Enclosure: Totally enclosed – air over required
- Bearing: Ball bearing with low temperature grease
- Mounting: Belly band (customer provided), welded base, #8-32 rear studs, or #8-32 front studs
- Operating Position: Vertical Shaft Down, Horizontal, or Vertical Shaft Up
- Leads: Many customized 2/64 ins. 18AWG lead options are available
- Lead Exits: Grommet, 1/2"liquid-tight conduit adapter, or Conduit Box
- Storage Temps: -40 to 80° C ambient
- Operating Temps: -40 to 55° C ambient
- Design Life: 10 years, 83,720 hours on time (for typical evaporator fan applications)