Our ARKTIC SSC unit bearing motors are primarily used in commercial refrigeration evaporator fan applications, but can be used in many applications demanding high efficiency and dependability with output ratings between 2 – 38 watts.
50 years after launching the most efficient shaded pole motor of its time, Morrill Motors is now offering the most efficient electronically commutated unit bearing motor available. The ARKTIC SSC significantly outperforms both shaded pole and PSC technology. With efficiencies three times higher than shaded pole motors and 45% higher than PSC, in addition to the reliable and quiet unit bearing design, the ARKTIC SSC provides users the most reliable and best energy savings solution for their applications.
- Voltage: 115 (90-132) or 208-230 (180-264) V Single Phase
- Output: 2 – 38 watts
- Efficiency: ~66% peak
- Speed Range: 1000 – 3600 RPM
- Speeds: 1 (constant speed)
- Rotation: CW or CCW (determined from the lead end of the motor)
- Type: 3.3” electronically commutated aluminum or cast iron unit bearing
- Shaft: ¼” x 20 thread is standard. Optional features include flatted end, smooth end, and 5/16’ diameter shaft
- Enclosure: Aluminum or Cast Iron (totally enclosed)
- Bearing: Unit bearing
- Bearing Oil: (ISO grades 15, 32, or 68) high quality paraffinic based oil selected for excellent oxidations resistance, wear protection, protection against rust and corrosion, and resistance to foaming. Also available, an oil with optimum flow charactericstics at sub-zero temperatures. (ISO grades 10/15 or 68) synthetic diester-based lubricant formulated to offer extended lubrication over a wide temperature range, and minimize wear.
- Mounting: Five .150” diameter cored holes on rear (aluminum), three #8-36 drilled through and tapped (cast iron), and optional 2 side mounting bosses for pedestal mounting
- Operating Position: Horizontal shaft (+/- 15°), optional all-angle, or vertical shaft up
- Leads: Standard 18 gauge, 2 conductor. Lead cord may be terminated with 1/2” stripped wire, in-house molded plugs, eyelets, ¼” quick connects, or special terminals. Other customized lead options are available.
- Storage Temps: -40 to 80° C ambient (depends on oil selected)
- Operating Temps: -40 to 55° C ambient (depends on oil selected)
- sign Life: 10 years, 83,720 hours on time