Busy commercial refrigeration contractors can now save valuable time and money, while adding versatility to their replacement motor inventories, with the new 3-in-1™, high efficiency, multi-horsepower motor from FASCO.
Stock Number 9721 is a new replacement 3.3", permanent split capacitor (PSC), ball bearing, reversible, dual voltage motor that will replace hundreds of OEM shaded pole evaporator fan motors found in Heatcraft, Bohn, Chandler, Climate Control and other refrigeration equipment.
Use of a PSC design allows the motor to deliver more power with a lower amp draw. Cooler operation results in fewer failures. Less efficient shaded pole motors are often used in original equipment to reduce costs. While shaded pole motors allow some small savings in purchase price, the savings are quickly eaten up in electric bills at today's high power costs. Using the 9721 motor as a retrofit to replace shaded pole OEM motors can save the user up to 50% in energy usage.
The new stock number 9721 is designed as a 3-in-1 multi-horsepower motor, which allows it to replace 1/12, 1/15, 1/20 horsepower, PSC and less-efficient shaded-pole designs. By stocking the 3-in-1 design the refrigeration contractor may:
- Reduce unnecessary trips to a distributor
- Reduce long drive times for replacement motors
- Eliminate temporary motor substitutions
- Reduce truck-stocking costs
- Increase billable time
- Save energy
- Multi-application evaporator fans
- Energy-efficient PSC design
- Ball bearing for dependable long life
- Mount by belly band, or four studs on each end, supplied with mounting nuts
- Reversing plug
- Easy-to-read connection diagram attached to white lead wire
- UL and CSA recognized